We share the top five challenges clients report to us when attempting to improve their customer experience and how 旅程的映射 can help.
今年，我正在反思自己的职业生涯达到了一个里程碑:25年 客户体验 (CX)行业. 我在这个行业呆了这么久，是因为我对客户很好奇. 我很好奇为什么顾客要做这样的决定, and I’m always interested in experimenting with new ways to deliver better experiences. 为了庆祝这一时刻, I created a list of the top five reasons companies contact 澳门金沙官网 with an interest in 旅程的映射.
I’m focusing on 旅程的映射 because it’s one of the more versatile tools in the CX toolkit, 根据上下文提供广泛或深刻澳门金沙官网. Below I’ve created a list of the top five challenges Centric sees in journey maps. So, 如果你问自己同样的问题, 那么旅行地图可能是适合你的工具.
Most conversations begin with “we don’t,” so let me present these challenges the same way.
这是真的. 并不是每一次与客户的互动都会产生巨大的影响. 这一事实并不意味着这些互动不重要. 但是，与其他公司相比，一些公司对客户的影响更大. For example, Centric recently conducted a 旅程的映射 project for an insurance carrier. 在与他们的代理人互动的许多要点中, 其中只有四个是“关键时刻”.” 意义, delivering positive or negative experiences on these four could drastically impact the overall agent-to-customer relationship. 有了这种洞察力, they can confidently make innovation and resource allocation decisions around the experience that will deliver the biggest bang for the buck.
2. We don’t have a good handle on what customers think about their experience with us.
操作度量并不总是提供全貌. I had a manufacturing client repeatedly tell me their operational metrics indicated 99% of their deliveries were on time. 但, 当我们向客户询问这家公司送货的及时性时, 只有不到50%的人给出了正面评价. 事实证明, 他们从上一个提交日期开始度量他们的操作度量, 而不是原来的客户要求的交货日期. 可以说，每次日期改变，秒表就会重置. 数据和分析并不总是能反映出客户的想法. 有时候，你必须问他们.
3. We don’t know if our potential projects align with what our customers need from us.
How often have you held a project planning meeting when you haven’t talked to your customers in years? 这可能很难承认，但对我们大多数人来说确实如此. 客户的需求和期望不是一成不变的. 他们会被你的言行所影响, 通过你的竞争对手的言行, 以及其他与你的行业无关的经历. 在Salesforce的报告中，已连接客户的状态,” nearly 70% of customers indicated they switched vendors for a more consumer-like experience.
Businesses that have their finger on the pulse of customer needs can better respond with projects and initiatives that deliver a customer’s desired experience. 虽然我们很多人认为旅行地图是一次性的项目, we should view it as an ongoing process used to stay in touch with the customers’ ever-changing needs.
4. 我们不关注端到端的客户体验. Too often, we look at and drive customer-impacting initiatives within a single business function.
对于许多公司来说，这种挣扎是一个相当普遍的现实. Departmental or functional goals and objectives cause many managers to maintain a narrow focus. 然后依次进行优先级和相关的活动. However, customers don’t think about their experience in the same way you manage your business.
我最近在一家有线电视公司的订单管理部门工作. One of the responsibilities of this group was to confirm customer orders before a truck rolled for installation. 这很有道理. 客户希望安装包括所有正确的服务, 而有线电视运营商只希望把卡车开到那个地点一次. However, the sequence of events for the customer often went something like the following:
- The salesperson confirms the final scope of work with the customer per the proposal, 24小时后, the order management department calls the customer with the same questions the salesperson asked a day earlier.
- 销售人员试图确认提案的细节, and the order management professional tries to ensure the field service technician enters the location with all the right tools. 而是对顾客而言, getting asked the same questions from two different people within 24 hours causes concern about whether the company listens, 理解或纠结于内部沟通.
这些接触点是必要的, but the transition from one department to the next needs more effective means of orchestration. A transition between departments is an experience blind spot that you can only expose by looking at the end-to-end experience from the customer’s perspective.
5. 我们不想开始 数字转换 不先了解我们的客户与我们的旅程.
最好的数字化转型始于发现和愿景. We gear this phase of work toward aligning an organization’s digital strategy with customer needs. Journey mapping provides a solution to identify customer needs across multiple points of interaction. 从研究解决方案到, 希望, 与贵公司建立长期合作关系, understanding customer needs at every point of communication is a valuable way to ensure the digital tools you deploy are focused on increasing the value delivered by your firm. 如果你宽泛地定义你的数字转型, it will include digital technologies aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of your employees. 反过来, 就像你会通过旅程地图来探索客户的需求一样, 你应该为员工做同样的事情.
3) To provide an end-to-end perspective of the journey, they have with your company
4) To help you rationalize new projects and provide a foundation for developing a digitally enabled future-state experience.
在顾客时代, successful businesses start with the customer experience and then work backward. Journey maps allow companies to look at the business from the customer’s perspective. It is providing important insights that enable a company to better align its people, 符合客户需求的工艺和技术.